Re: Geraniums Around the World

  • To: IGSROBIN@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU
  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Geraniums Around the World
  • From: Karen Prytula <chelseaa@SPRINT.CA>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 11:36:12 -0600

I am definitely looking forward to this article.  I have some geraniums
(can't remember the kind right now) in a hanging pot.  I hang them outside
for the summer and bring them in for the winter.  Currently they are hanging
in my bedroom(which has lots of light).  My problem is that all the leaves
are falling off and the plant looks dead.  I read once that they go dormant
for the winter months.  Will they supposed to start growing leaves all on
their own again, or is there something I should be doing?

I have other geraniums (can't remember the name right now) that I had in the
ground during the summer.  I dug them up and brought them inside for the
winter.  I plan to put them back in the ground in the spring.  These plants
are not losing their leaves, in fact they aren't going dormant at all and
appear to be growing (a little)  There are definitely no blooms though.
These are sitting in pots in my kitchen window which has just as much light
as the bedroom and both rooms face south.

While at my Mother's for Christmas I noticed she has geraniums in her
bathroom (lots of sun and faces west) and hers are not going dormant, they
are in bloom.

Karen in Canada