Re: winter dormant pelargoniums

  • Subject: Re: winter dormant pelargoniums
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:08:23 -0700

If they are in full leaf I'd water them but only enough to keep from
wilting.  I'm no expert here, however keep an eye on them and if they start
yellowing or losing leaves just assume they're trying to go to sleep.  When
they are totally dormant, well...... some people water the medium once a
month, some keep it bone dry until they show renewed signs of life, some
spray them to simulate coastal fog.  I've tried everything and it didn't
seem to make a difference.  Just put them in a cool place where there's
some light (i.e. not in a black cellar).  The point is you can't force them
to go to sleep, just hold back on the TLC.