Re: Holiday Pelargonium Names

  • Subject: Re: Holiday Pelargonium Names
  • From: james hanssens <jamesh@ZEELANDNET.NL>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:31:00 +0100

Hello Sandy,,

This year it is the first time ,I prepared a little gardenhouse  for
overwintering my plants .
It will be thrilling for me  how it goes .
I have an oil-filled radiator  ,which  regulates the temperature at
around + 5 degrees
Celsius  ,when it freezes outside  . The radiator has a capacity of 1200
My gardenhouse is about  2 x 2 x 2 meters .

Untill now it was about 4 nights  0 degrees  in my garden  and
my hanging pelargoniums  and a few others are still outside and  still
live .
My brother has given me this  advice to do so for overwintering  as
he did this for years with his ( tropical ) plants  in his barn .
Other years my pelargoniums overwinter in a room at about + 16 degrees
in my house ,what was not so ideal .

Now we met  with a climate change ,so it is waiting what will happen
now with the weather . The last winters  were  reasonable soft  here .
Here they say ,with us the plants has 10 days more light in a year .

Now I read your message about  your cd-project from your  foundation.....

Well ,have a good time with your  pelargonium  there at the foot of your
hills ,
what  again intriques me how the climate there is for your plants .