Pelargonium oblongtum

Another new (to me) pelly from the SDCSS meeting yesterday.  It's labeled as
P. oblongatum.  The only information I have at hand is Derek Clifford's
(1970) Pelargoniums.  Therein it is listed as a member of Sub-genus Hoarea
(Sweet) and as a synonym of P. ensatum (Thun.) DC. Prod. and it's full name
is listed as P. oblongatum Mey. ex Harv..  Is this still current?

P. ensatum is listed by Clifford (1970) as coming from Namaqualand at
elevation between 1000 feet (305 m)  to 3000 feet (914 m) on mountain sides
in the Langehoof.
Sounds like a species of the broken veld or lower Namaqualand renosterveld.

If these are indeed the same plant it is described as producing a tuber well
above ground. My plant has large, hairy leaves with a cordate base with the
basal portions overlapping.   It's in very active growth now in a 4 inch

I notice Peter lists it in his Pelargonium 3 group but for some reason the
page takes all requests for this group to the Pel. 2 group right now.

Any input on growing this one?

Phil Bunch (San Diego Area Sunset Zone 23)