New member in the list

Hallo to everybody!!

I am Catia from Turin (Italy).

I discover this mail list on the web while I am surfing on it looking for site on my great passions: Pelargonium.
I have subscribe the list immediatly and for two week I had received the e-mail from the different subscriber and now I am sending my first e-mail.
Of course my mother tongue is Italian and so I apologize if my english has some mistakes.

I have red a lot of e-mail about "Vancouver Centennial" and its parentage.
This variety it is quite nice and I have some of it. In Italy it is easy to find because many nursery are selling it. Also according my information this variety was raised by Ian Gilliam in Canada. I do not know how it was obtained (I mean which are its parents).
I have red in a e-mail from Cynthia Lohry that the "Vancouver Centennial" is a cross between Medallion and Bird Dancer.
I know that Bird Dancer it is not coming from California but it is raised in Australia by Melva Bird. In order to make flower the Bird Dancer must be fertilized with a lot of potassium and it has to grow up with full sun. If some one is interested I am ready to send to his e-mail a picture of Vancouver Centennial and of Bird Dancer.

My favourite Pelargonium are the Stellar (Staph) and I enjoy with the cross-breeding of them.
In the last years I had obtained some different interesting plants and I would like to know how to check if they are really "new" and how to register them. I mean that I would like find the way to give them a name. I do not want to have patent for them but I want only give them a name of my choice.
There is anybody that have some information about that? There is an official register of Pelargonium Varieties?
Unfortunatly in Italy I am not able to find any news about the subject above.

Regards

Catia De Tomi

Turin, Italy