Re: Geraniums Around The World

  • Subject: Re: Geraniums Around The World
  • From: Hedgehug@AOL.COM
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:12:33 -0500

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.  I double checked with Kandid Litho, who prepares the journals for mailing and drops them off at the post office, and the journals were taken to the post office on January 17.  Because it is mailed as a periodical, it can take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.  :(

It is very odd that journals have been delivered to other areas of the country but not to northern CA.  Kandid was not able to explain why that happened, except to say that once the journals are deposited into the post office, it would depend on how each individual post office handles their mail as the journals circulates through the country for delivery.

Assuming that the post office processed the bags of journals by the day after they were dropped off (January 18), everyone in the continental U.S. should receive their journal by February 8.  So, if anyone in the continental U.S. does not get their journal by February 8, could please email me personally with your mailing address, I will mail a duplicate journal to you.

The overseas memberships are all mailed by airmail by one of the board members.  I will check with her to see when they were sent out.

Cynthia Lohry
Editor, Geraniums Around the World