Old cultivars

Dear Geraniaceae-friends,

My name is Karin Martinsson and I joined the list a few months ago.
I work at the Uppsala University Botanical Garden as a botanist and I am in
charge of our collection of old Pelargonium cultivars. The collection is
based on cultivars sent in to us by the public, pelargoniums that have been
grown in Swedish families since the first half of the 20th century, and
even late 19th century. Most of them are naturally without names, since
people in general don´t know the names of cultivars. However, I am also
making lists of which cultivars that have been fore sale in Sweden, and I
hope eventually to be able to pair cultivars and cultivar names together.
There are some old and semi-old favourites that I have not been able to
trace. Does any one of you know the age and breeder of the following:
'Hamilton' - double, cerise, bushy habit, pre 1968
'Colibri' - single zonal, red with large white eye, pre 1945
'Kardinal' - single zonal, purple with scarlet eye, a favourite in the
'Stadt Bern' - single, zonal, dwarf, bright scarlet and dark foliage, pre 1971
'Covent Garden' - very double zonal, white, lowgrowing, pre 1898
'Rosamunde' - double zonal, bright pink, pre 1920
'Siegfried' - double zonal, bright pink, cirka 1900
'Hamburger Balkongsorte', peltatum, pre 1914

I am also secretary of the Swedish Pelargonium Society, founded in 1998.
You can visit our web-site at http://welcome.to/pelargonsallskapet

Best regards

Karin Martinsson

Karin Martinsson
FD, miljöforskningsinformatör/PhD, Information officer
Botaniska trädgården/Botanical Garden
Uppsala universitet/Uppsala University
Villavägen 8
S-752 36 Uppsala
Tel 018-471 28 74
Fax 018-471 28 31
e-post/e-mail karin.martinsson@botan.uu.se

Besök våra hemsidor! Visit our web-sites!
Botaniska trädgården/Botanical Garden http://www.botan.uu.se
Linnéträdgården/Linnaeus Garden http://www.linnaeus.uu.se
Linnés Hammarby/Linnaeus Hammarby http://www.hammarby.uu.se