Re: Hardy Geranium?

Ingrid wrote: << Now I have stumbled across the name Geranium Apple
Blossom. Since it is supposed to have some G. argenteum in among its
parents I wonder, is it at all like G. argenteum? It is very shortlived
here. Thank you for your answers, Ingrid in Sweden >>

Hi again Ingrid,
From my files:
G. cinereum "Apple Blossom" is a wrong name for G. x lindavicum "Apple
Blossom".
G. x lindavicum "Apple Blossom", white flower, faintly veined, grooping:
Erodioideae/Subacaulia/Cinereum, flowers in July, sunny spot.
Parents of all "x lindavicum" cvs are G. argenteum x G. cinereum. The
name was given in 1912 to this also naturally appearing hybrid by
Sunderman ex Knuth.
The grooping classification of course comes from Peter Yeo's book on
hardy Geraniums.
Hope this helps.
--
Mimy Sluiter