Re: Hardy Geranium

Hello [again] Carolyn,
Did you get my list of pre 1900 Pellies I gathered for you after reading
your question for help from my files? How did the exhibition turn out to
be? Did you manage to find some of those oldies in your country? Was it
a nice display?
Mimy Sluiter

Carolyn Schaffner wrote:
> Have you folks seen the listing of Garanium offered by Terra Nova? WOW!!
> I only need ONE of each...
> For example:
> G. 'Anne Thomson', gold tinted foliage forms a low speading mound and
> gives rise to myriads of 1" wide dark magenta flowers. Same breeding as
> G. 'Ann Folkard'
> G. 'Brookside' large blue-violet flowers are porduced over a very long
> period on this new cultivar. ... Some say that this is the new
> replacement for G. 'Johnson's Blue'
> G. pratense 'Midnight Reiter' In the Northwest, more jaws have dropped
> over seeing this plant than many others. We are talking about a DEEP
> purple leaved, semi-dwarf gem of a plant with large dark lilac flowers.
> Holds it's color. A tissue culture breakthrough! Limited
> G. pratense'Plenum Violaceum'  Of the hundreds of Geranium varieties we
> have seen in the last 25 years, thre is not one that impressed us as
> much as this one. Clouds of fluffy double purple flowers adorn this
> large Geranium for an extended period of time. A true '10'...
> --> not new, but ... G.'Stanhoe'  "Geraniast" Robin Parer gives this
> Geranium high marks for its silvered foliage, nice low spreading form
> and light pink flowers. Prefers full sun, good drainage. .... popular in
> Northern California, ...groundcover in NW. zone 6-7
> G. 'Terra Franche'  Voluptuous, large blue flowers, veined in purple
> arise from the striking felted leaves of this beauty. First introduction
> to the US for this Geranium renardii hybrid. Well drained soil. Limited.
> Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY

Mimy Sluiter
cats: <http://welcome.to/Manx> mailto:manx1@wxs.nl
politics: <http://welcome.to/d66.noordholland> mailto:m.sluiter@d66.nl