SV: Moving Plants

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] SV: Moving Plants
  • From: Gunnar Dath <golath@OTENET.GR>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:27:14 +0200

I currently live in Greece, and have ordered pelargoniums from abroad, and
friends have also sent rooted cuttings. The only problem that they have had
so far, is when they were watered too much. Rot, not drought, has been the
only problem which is why I  don't think plastic is a good idea. Paper can
soak up excess moisture. I also recommend that you don't water them too much
before the trip.  The plants that were sent to me stayed up to 8 days in a
package, and looked great afterwards if they hadn't been packed too tighly
together and if they hadn't been watered too much. The ones that were too
wet rottted because the leaves got moist. Some had slightly yellow leaves
but they quickly recovered.
But then again, yours is only a 11-hour drive, so I think there is nothing
to worry about.
Cheers and good luck,