Majordomo for IGSRobin

  • Subject: Majordomo for IGSRobin
  • From: IGSRobin - List Manager igsrobin@beeb.net
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:58:33 -0000

Maria,

> I was very relieved at the news that Majordomo is a
> possibility to be explored.  I was on a list managed
> through Majordomo and did not encounter any
> problems.  I have no idea how the software actually
> functioned, but the members encountered no technical
> difficulties, did not receive ads, and did not get spam
> as a consequence of membership.  I was quite worried
> about our switching to Yahoo because of the potential
> for nuisance.

I'm glad to hear of your experience of a List through Majordomo
software. It is apparently a simpler program than Listserv, and so
is supposed to have fewer features. However this may be an
advantage from an email-only discussion group. Both the software
performance and the help from the provider seem to be excellent.
The admin side does involved more work than Listserv at
Maelstrom but is much more straightforward especially with the
active help of the provider.

David