Re: [IGS] Balcon "Geraniums"

Robin, many thanks.  I have ordered Balcon geraniums from Morgan-Thompson's
seed and plant catalog for quite a few years, but unless ordered early, the
company runs out of supplies fast.

This year, I have tried cuttins the "Jamie Gossard" way--using OASIS--but
have had only about 2-3 out of 50 make roots.  Each year I overwinter my
flower boxes in my unheated garage during harsh Ohio winters, and all but
those farthest from the small garage door windors do survive.
Overwintering them in grocery bags, which other varieties can manage, does
not work for the Balcon series.

Gisela Meckstroth, Reynoldsburg, OHio

I have a jpg file available for anyone who would like to see my two Balcon
geranium boxes (and for anyone who can open an attached file).