Re: [IGSROBIN] summer is here

Robin,

... no it isn't!

Its been raining for most of the last four months and although the frosts
have been much fewer, so far, than 1997/98 we are not up to spring
temperatures. And I'm not sure if there is a Sun up there or not anymore,
its been so long since I've seen it. The Welsh flag has a white sky and
green grass (at least that's the way I see it) and a total cover of high
white cloud is fine me, bright but not blinding, warm but not scorching.
With the cloud base at 2000feet the mountains across the value have lost
their tops and we are half way there compared to Caernarfon 6 miles away and
at sea level. At 1000feet and we are in it. So the grey cloud does make
enthusiasm slow to stir from the gloom of daytime. I'm not sure if Ingrid is
worse off or not. If you have a foot of snow for the four months I suppose
you might get tired of it, but it would be nice though. Snow has been on the
ground only for a couple of days, so far. The wet if far more of a problem
for the pellies than the cold would be should it decide to make a later
appearance. There certainly has been some cold nights shown for Scandinavia
on weather charts recently, it must be quite a job keeping most Geraniaceae
through the winter in Sweden. Do you have triple glazed glasshouses as well
as homes?

Is that enough for now Robin? Or should we expect another request for more
mail in another 17 days? I know as it is summer with you why not encourage
us poor deprived folk with updates of what is flowering and seeding for you,
to keep us going.

David