1001 Pelargoniums

Dear Andrew,

I know my review sounds negative, and it has just been printed so now
doubt this is why it isn't available yet, but it'll be soon enough
and as to bad reviews here's more to come; to me the minuses were a
bit high..my bottom feeling is...this is a book I regret buying and I
will probably sell my copy or give it away in a month or two.
I have the book Conservatory & Indoor Plants Vol 1 where there are a
few pelargoniums pictures, even that tiny chapter is of far better
quality to my mind. I was sort of hoping the new book would be .....
more of an encyclopedia.
No date, no mention of height and no mention of breeder, the text is
frugal, and the pictures vary GREATLY in quality, from excellent to
....ghastly. And some of the chapters, such as the one of Rosebuds is
way way too short, and the Angel chapter too.
I feel the pelargoniums that didn't make it into this book would
interest me more.
And, my final blow....even the picture catalogues from pelargonium
breeders have better pictures. There!!!
Now I said it!

On the good side....masses of pelargoniums I have never ever seen
before....but I planned to use it as a guide to increase my
collection and something nice to persue in the cold Winter months...I
just think I shall continue my wait for for something else....namely
Vol 4 by Van der Walt. That wait has been much longer ;-)) but maybe
it'll be publushed one sunny say.

Ingrid in Sweden

( Gothenburg, West Coast of Sweden, bare frosts, unreliable snow
covers, USDA 7 but that doesn't say very much)