Re: Black Magic Rose

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Black Magic Rose
  • From: Graham Rice <garden@TISCALI.CO.UK>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:10:28 +0100

This week I visited the trial of seed raised 'geraniums' at the RHS
garden at Wisley in Surrey. Amongst the entries are a number of
colours in the Black Magic Series, bred by Sahin in Holland. At this
early stage in the season 'Black Magic Scarlet', with superb leaf
colour and bright scarlet flowers was outsanding.

But the pick of the entries were those in the Sensation Series,
originally bred by Floranova in the UK. They stood out from some
distance away being covered in flowers, with six to eight heads
carrying open flowers, when most other entries had only one or two
heads with open flowers. I've grown these many times and they really
are spectacular.

Graham Rice
Northamptonshire, UK