Re: help with P. Auracana//Aurucana ??

  • Subject: Re: help with P. Auracana//Aurucana ??
  • From: Rita Fulvio RJLBFULVIO@AOL.COM
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:38:42 EDT

Dear Alexander,

Seems like you're gotten lots of advice on your struggling aurucana,
including some that seems quite contradictory!  I just wanted to let you know that I
hope it survives.

All that I have to add is that I've found that cetain varieties  seem to
prefer some dappled shade (including the tiny "nutmeg", and the huge "chocolate
mint"), and that small, young plants in  small pots can easily dry out.  Yet it
seems more common to have such a plant die from over-watering.

What I have also found - especially with cuttings - is that almost all of the
leaves will die off, and then, almost like magic, new growth starts!!

I do hope you removed any existing flowers, following the addage that a new
(or transplanted) plant can't make flowers and roots at the same time!

Best of luck!  Regards,

Rita J.,
Huntington Beach