From: IGSROBIN [mailto:IGSROBIN@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU] On Behalf Of Sandy
Connerley
Sent: 03 July 2005 17:28
To: IGSROBIN@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU
Subject: Re: New member

Hi Aileen,

They are totally different members of the family and to my knowledge do not
breed.  Even some members of the pelargonium section will not cross because
of different chromosome numbers and sizes.  There are some articles on The
Pellie Breeder 2 website that you might find interesting.

By the way, are you Gwen's friend?  I just visited her last month.

Sandy

Aileen Wallace <aileen@PLANTPOT.FSLIFE.CO.UK> wrote:
Hi Sandy,
If the pelargoniums and geraniums are all members of the geraniaceae family
does this mean they are related and can be cross bred? I thought both were
totally different and not related.

Welcome to the group Caroline.

Best Wishes
Aileen (Perth Scotland)