Re: [IGS] Reply to Cindi

> From: Cynthia S. Lohry <Hedgehug@AOL.COM>
> Subject: Re: Reply to Cindi
> Date: Friday, July 03, 1998 3:34 PM
> Alby,
> Yes, please.  Help would be most appreciated.  What would getting
> and/or plants out of the country entail?

It's not all that difficult.   Firstly you need to find out what your
authorities require.  My understanding is that it varies by States.  In
fact Faye told me it sometimes varies between airports.   You will probably
need an import licence.   Try your local Customs authorities.
Once you have that sorted out you will have to work out what you want to
obtain.  Do you have a 'want/must have list'.   You should make sure that
the plants you require are not available in the USA.
The way that we organize getting the plants to you could depend on the
quantities that you are after.  I strongly advise you to stick to cuttings
as that is the safest and cheapest way to go.
Once I have an understanding of what you are after I can give you a better
idea of what it will cost you.   I can obtain the material for you and
organize this end.  The cost of cutting material is not expensive, their
will be a customs expense and also the cost of airfreight.  I could get
most of your requirements from 2 major commercial growers here in
Sometimes a way of reducing your unit cost is to try and find somebody else
to place an order with you and thus halve the fixed Customs cost.  If you
can find more, then so much the better but to achieve the savings at this
end the whole list would have to be sent to the one destination.
Geraniaceae is all around the World