Re: [IGSROBIN] IGS Website

I am the former webmaster for IGS and created the website!  Please don't
think this is a scam.  I don't have enough time on my hands to try to
perpetuate a scam.  However, I do not believe in giving up copyrights to
someone just because webpages are on their server.

Read about what is happening for yourself:

There are articles posted there by other members.  I am sure they aren't
willing to lose their copyright!

Here's where you can read the new yahoo/geocities terms of service for
yourself:  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Here specifically is what they are saying:

            Yahoo does not own Content you submit, unless we
            specifically tell you otherwise before you submit it.
            You license the Content to Yahoo as set forth
            below for the purpose of displaying and
            distributing such Content on our network of
            properties and for the promotion and marketing of
            our services. By submitting Content to any Yahoo
            property, you automatically grant, or warrant that
            the owner of such Content has expressly granted,
            Yahoo the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable,
            non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right and
            license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish,
            translate, create derivative works from, distribute,
            perform and display such Content (in whole or part)
            worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works
            in any form, media, or technology now known or
            later developed. You acknowledge that Yahoo does
            not pre-screen Content, but that Yahoo and its
            designees shall have the right (but not the
            obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, edit,
            move or remove any Content that is publicly
            available via the Service. Without limiting the
            foregoing, Yahoo and its designees shall have the
            right to remove any Content that violates the TOS
            or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you
            must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with,
            the use of any Content, including any reliance on the
            accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such
            Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you
            may not rely on any Content created by Yahoo or
            submitted to Yahoo, including without limitation
            information in Yahoo! Message Boards, Yahoo!
            Clubs, and in all other parts of the Service.

I am a garden writer and would never agree to such terms in a contract!
Diana Pederson, Lansing, Michigan, United States, USDA Zone 5
Editor:  http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/enabling_garden