Cindi /Black Magic Rose

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Cindi /Black Magic Rose
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:07:55 -0400

Hi Cindi and everyone :)  I've bagged the blossom head on the Black Magic
Rose that has seed pods developing.  I know someone answered this for me a
while ago, but I can't find the post - at what stage do I remove the pod?
After it dries, but before it splits? My familiarity is more with gesneriads
which split fairly quickly, thus to be safe, I bagged the geranium.  Also, I
have contacted the seed source where I got my own seeds back in April to see
if they have any, and will let you know. And in general I appreciate the
help with seed pods as I would like to feel comfortable with doing this. :)

Cindi- I would do cuttings for you - but my plants had gotten tall and have
few (or none) lower leaves (due to my lights/lack of space)- as soon as they
get their lower leaves back or new bottom growth, I can do cuttings. :)

Laurie

Laurie A.E. O'Meara
Artist and Horticulturist
Cape Cod, MA USA zone 7