Re: Pelfi 'Disco'

  • Subject: Re: Pelfi 'Disco'
  • From: maria guzman <mirror@3RIVERS.NET>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:27:21 -0600

Last month I bought two nameless pellies from WalMart (just labeled
"geranium"), both compact with very dark rather leathery leaves.  One has
shapeless fuschia/purple blossoms, blobby but with enormous, semi-double
petals of an intense shade.  The other has brilliant, almost neon,
reddish-orange flowers, also with large single petals.  I've been crossing
these with my own hybrids (the WalMarters seem to be only pollen donors)
and am awaiting results.  Has anybody seen these in WalMart or any other
mass outlet?

BTW Cindy, do you actually worry about what Fischer "officially sanctions"?
I consider patenting living organisms preposterous, and will use anything I
can find to further my own breeding objectives.