Re: [IGSROBIN] G oxonianum..hardiness?

Ingrid wrote:

> A friend went to the UK and brought home Geranium oxonianum Dawn Time, and another friend says G oxonianum isn't hardy here!!!

Hello Ingrid,

My experience with G.x oxonianum is that they are completely hardy, here
in a sometimes wet and cold Southern part of Holland. Not as cold as in
your nice Sweden, but often cold without a blanket of snow as a nice
Also the parents of G.x oxonianum: G.versicolor and G. endressii never
died of wintercold here. Temperatures in our winters go sometimes down
to -15 C.
I never heard of G.x oxonianum 'Dawn Time', it is not mentioned in the
Preliminary Checklist of Geranium Cultivar Names of The Geraniaceae
Group. Can you say something about the color of flowers and leaves?

Wish you good weather.