Re: [IGSROBIN] IGSROBIN Digest - 2 Jun 1999 to 3 Jun 1999 (#1999-103)

Dear Ingrid,

G. x  oxonianum  is hardy here in continental USA zone 6
(see signature for more on my conditions)
I think  x.  oxonianum  parents are G. endressii
(variously listed as hardy to -15C tp-35C) and
G. versicolor  ( only listing -15C).  The one hardiness
listing I found for x. oxonianum was -35C)
The books with the hardier ratings are American; the
least hardy ratings are all from Brittish books.

>A friend went to the UK and brought home Geranium oxonianum
>Dawn Time, and
>another friend says G oxonianum isn't hardy here!!!
>Is there someone please who could ease my mind? Or do I
need to
>bring it in
>over Winter?

Lisa Flaum
Waterloo, south-west Illinios, USA
Min -10F (-23C) Max 105F(40C)  Summer dry punctuated by
floods,
high humidity, unreliable snow cover, clay soil
Member NARGS, IBS, SRGC, AGS, AHS, RHS, APS, ACS (I like
seed exchanges)