Re: [IGSROBIN] G argenteum

Dear Ingrid,

I haven't grown it, but have read about it.  It is described in
_Gardener's Guide to Growing Hardy Geraniums_, by Bath and Jones.
To paraphrase,

It is from the French Alps, Italy and Yugoslavia and wants a rock
garden or scree with poor gritty soil.  Leaves are deeply cleft and silvery,
in 10-15cm rosettes.  The flowers are pale pink or white, with veining,
 and 2.5cm.  The plant dislikes winter wet and protecting the crown with
a pane of glass is advised.  Division in spring is the reccommended
method of propagation.  Seed is not freely set, and the plant hybridizes
easily with G. cinereum.

It sounds wonderful.  Good luck with it.

Lisa Flaum
Waterloo, south-west Illinios, USA
Min -10F Max 105F  Summer dry punctuated by floods,
high humidity, unreliable snow cover, clay soil
Member NARGS, IBS, SRGC, AGS, AHS, RHS, APS, ACS (I like seed exchanges)