Hybridizing

Hi Cynthia and Group

I would like to tell everybody how I started to hybridize by chance.
Seven years ago it was difficult to buy in Italy  geranium different form the usual five or six common plants.
In Italy there were only few nursery which sold geranium of different varieties and all of them were long way from my home.
I was able to reach one of these by train and I bought three different plants:
one stellar, one fancy-leaf and one cactus flower.
Because they were quite expensive and the trip to obtain them was quite heavy I thought to follow a suggestion of a Italian Gardening Magazine. According to this magazine it was easy to obtain new hybrid from stellar seed. Unfortunatly I had only one stellar and I had to hybridize it with a common red zonal pelargonium.
This was the beginning. The first plants were all red zonals, but I tried again and I obtained my first stellar plant with red flowers with white eye center like the german variety Gemini.
This experience enjoyed me so much that I was not able to stop and so I started to try new crossbreed with new plant which in the mean time I bought.

That is all for now!

Catia