Re: [IGS] fungicide for seeds

rhoades, collin wrote:

> Does anyone have any rcommendations for fungicide that can be used with =
> seeds. The local nursery rcommended sulfur powder but to spray it I =
> could not go near my plants or in the garage for 24 hrs per the package. =
> If it is important I am using the following mixes with my seeds 50% =
> vermiculite 50% perlite, 100% vermiculite, 70%pumice 30% peat moss, 25% =
> pea gravel 25% crushed brick 25% peat 25% pumice, just try to see what =
> if any work best.

I very often use fungicide on my seeds -- especially had to germinate
species.  What I do is a bit unorthodox.  I just dust a bit of Captan or
Benomyl right over the seed starting medium, and then mist it in -- only
drawback -- do not breathe it in - wear a mask.

good luck --
Rika        Willow Pond Nursery