[IGSROBIN] Andrew - a basic question

Judith,

I am still a relative newcomer and my knowledge of Angels is somewhat
limited. There are several people in this forum, including Cindi, who know a
lot more about them than I do. Nevertheless, you asked, so here goes!

Angels are delightful, small pelargoniums. They grow to ten inches or less
and, to me, look like miniature regals with their overlapping petals instead
of the more open, simple arrangement of zonals, for instance. They also have
color schemes nearly as wide as the regals. They make great container
specimens and go on flowering for months. Some people say they are more
delicate in constitution than regals or most zonal types. Even if that is
true they are worth the effort to most people, especially after you've used
up all your bench space.

I understand they come from a bloodline of P. dumosum many generations ago.
When the strain began they were called Angeline pelargoniums.

You'd be best to get advice from other people about where to get them. I
know where to get them here in Southern California but I'm not sure about
the best mail order places. Robin Parer does sell them, I recall. If nobody
else comes to the rescue I'll dig up the names but I imagine you'll hear
from others first. Do try them!

Andrew
San Diego, California

"Andrew,
I am new to the geranium society and have a very basic question. What are
angel geraniums? I've looked through several basic books and don't see a
thing
about angels. I see Regals and dwarfs and ivys etc., but no angels.

Thanks - Judith"