[IGSROBIN] Plant hormones

Hi Cindy,
I have used Rootone successfully also but one thing that I really
like to work with and believe is beneficial is a weak solution of
Kelp powder and water. I like Maxicrop. It seems like the most
concentrated and economical but I am sure that there are other brands
out there that can be used successfully also.
I use it in two different ways. I soak the cutting in the solution
for a few hours before putting it in the planting medium (I realize
that this goes against all the advice of years past that says to
leave the stem out to callous over but I have found that some cutting
wilt terribly when you do that. Also , Kelp has alot of growth
regulaters that give the cutting a boost... don't overdo it with a
real strong solution because it can overstimulate the cutting too.
With maxicrop , I usually stick with around 1/2 teaspoon in a gallon
of water.)
I also have been known to sprinkle a little bit of Kelp powder in the
rooting medium and watering it in well. I catch  the run off and
water other plants with it.

I have been enjoying the Journal these days. You and your team have
been doing a good job.

Oh BTW, I asked before and I guess you might have missed it. (I have
a number of newslist hitting my mailbox every day so I can see where
that would be easy to do.) You have refferred to something called
Super soil I believe that you add perlite to for a potting mix. I was
wondering if this is a commercial mix or a standard formular that you
make? You are the first person that I have run across to make such a
reference. Maybe it is something that is regional? Or I might have
been living a sheltered life:-) . Or all the above :-).

HOpe all is well.