Re: No images...and a website

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] No images...and a website
  • From: David Barrett <david@1000feet.prestel.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:57:30 +0100

Gunnar, and all,

> Subject: No images...
> After my experiments, I realise it is not possible to send images to the
> group!  Sorry,  Gunnar Dath

The listserv software that runs the Mailing Lists is supposedly set up at St
Johns University for plain text use only. So that if you send RichText/HTML
then you see the coding. However it seems that some people on the List do
get RichText/HTML, and pictures, through to them. Not me though! I presume
they have different settings at St Johns, even though all should be Plain
Text - whether we can all be changed to this setting I don't know at the
moment, but I will pursue this.

From time to time I have asked IGS Robin members if they wish to
stay as we are or go onto a company like YahooGroups (previously, eGroups,
previously OneList) which offers a lot of additional features for group
members. Generally those responses I get are overwhelmingly to stay put -
some members apparently only have plain text email facilities available to
them. The last request for views only produced one  response, so here we
still are.

Because of this I set up an IGSRobin website where in the past we have had
plants posted for identification, and even pictures of group members.
Because of my intention to change webspace provider I have not made much of
the site for a while, but it is obviously needed now!

Any member wishing to post a picture on the website, for all to see, please
send directly to me. It should normally be up in 24 hours,
holidays/vacations and workload permitting.

The new website address is
www.pelargonium.net/IGSRobin .

If anyone wishes to send comments to me or the List regarding
PlainText/RichText,  or moving elsewhere, please do.

David Barrett
List Manager