hardy geraniums

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] hardy geraniums
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 19:17:55 -0400

Hi Everyone :)

I have a question for those who grow many types of hardy geraniums.  How do
you, if you do, keep the varieties from naturally cross-pollinating?  Is
there a distance they can be placed apart from each other?  So far I have
found seedlings 25 feet away from the original planting, and as this year I
am adding more varieties, I would like to make sure I have at least one each
of my original varieties that don't hybridize.
Thanks!

Laurie A.E. O'Meara
Artist and Horticulturist
Cape Cod, MA USA zone 7