Re: Yellow pellies

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Yellow pellies
  • From: "Roth, Barry" <BRoth@BROBECK.COM>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:31:26 -0700

Don't know about fertility, but in terms of achieving "art shades" of flower
color, yellow tones would probably work best in combination with
bluish/lavender flower pigments (yellow + purple make brown).  Since yellow
is not a strong pigment, while purples tend to be strong, I would look for
the palest lavender varieties I could find to serve as the "purple parent."
(Without meaning to toot my own horn, I would mention that the dwarf zonal
"Foxfire" that I hybridized -- and which has been in the Brawner catalog --
would be a candidate; it also has a touch of green at the center upon
opening.)

Barry