3 new plants

  • Subject: 3 new plants
  • From: Claire Peplowski ECPep@AOL.COM
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:02:32 EDT

We don't have much diversity in pelargoniums off the shelf in the Northeast
but I have found these three this spring.

'Peach Princess' (large stiff variegated leaves); 'Galway Star' (small stiff
variegated leaves, white edges); 'Golden Angel' (middle sized variegated
leaves, gold edges).

These plant have almost succulent leaves and are at the young size that I
have found them, bushy.  None are in bloom yet.

Are these hybrids from P. crispum, more complicated or just what are they?
Particularly, I am wondering if they should be grown dry. Peach Princess came
from the Montreal Botanic Garden and some of the plants were in bloom though
just beginning to bloom.

Thanks for the new book (Faye Brawner) news.  I had not known an American
written book was on the way.

Claire Peplowski
NYS zone 4