Bob and Diane Elder wrote:
> You see, azelias do
> not grow in the high desert of eastern Oregon.
> How do I care for this beautiful plant?  Right now it is in a 4 inch pot
> and all full of blossoms.
> Thanks so much.  Diane in Oregon

Hi Diane - I do not know much about Azalea's in Oregon but know these
plants have a resting period after the bloom so now you should give it
lots of energy (fertilizer), then afterwards cut it back (it is a woody
plant) and limit the water supply and food supply. In Holland they need
a cool overwintering place (5 degrees is nice) to be able to flower
again well when days lengthen.