Re: [IGS] What Pellies are in Bloom in San Diego

This is the time of year to visit San Diego if you want to see masses of
pellies blooming their little heads off.

The scenteds are just coming out of full bloom and starting their decline.
The Old Fashioned Rose is so covered with blooms that it looks like a lavender
pink haze above the plant.  The hummingbirds just love it.

The Bright Apple Blossom zonal that grows by the driveway went so far
overboard this spring that it toppled onto its side and needs some massive
cutting back before it stands any chance at all of standing upright again.
Despite what El Nino did to the kitchen floor, it was great for the zonals,
this year I have flowerheads that are 6+ inches across and are lasting for
weeks on the bush before fading away.  I've started picking a flowerhead and
taking it to work on Monday for my desk, and just picking the dead florets
from it when I come in the following Monday and adding a fresh flower to the

And the angels are spectacular.  Mme Layal has so many blooms on it that I
can't even see the leaves.  Right now all my angels are enjoying full sun, and
the table is just a mass of blooms.  I'm trying to keep up with my goal of
photographing each plant so as to get a very close up shot of a bloom from
every plant to use for identification purposes.  So far, so good.

What do you have in bloom?