Re: [IGS] sarcs

Thanks for your comments on summer treatment:

"I tend to water year round though less in summer.  On cacti-etc a few Sarc
growers have suggested that it is better to grow them year round since it is
sometimes difficult to get them started again after dormancy."

I would have thought that if still growing in summer they would actually
demand more water. Maybe in your cooler conditions it is less difficult. I
am a bit concerned about keeping them properly watered in containers in our
hotter summers for that reason. I wonder what were the growing conditions
of those people who had trouble restoring them to life after dormancy.
Until I find out I'll keep watering - carefully!

San Diego, California