Re: Pots and growing indoors

  • Subject: Re: Pots and growing indoors
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:25:06 -0500

Hi Claire and Maria - thanks for your responses - I was going to treat any
root-bound problems by repotting more often, breaking up the roots a bit
when I repot into the same pot.  Claire, normally I think my first priority
would be the balance and appearance of the plant/pot, but I should have
said, in this particular case, I am trying to come up with ways to grow more
plants in less space.  If they were all in 4 inch pots, it would make it
much easier.  These would be I guess, a type of stock plant, but not to be
able to take numerous cuttings.  More that if all else goes wrong, I would
still have a small plant of a variety.  My "reserve stock".

Maria- I've overwatered a few of my variegated zonals - I can't seem to
adjust to the fact that mine  like to be really dry.

Thanks again to both of you - I guess you are saying that it can be done
with a little extra attention to the plants' needs.

Laurie