Re: [IGSROBIN] Angel eating dog strikes again! Twice!!

Had a friend fly in from Miami, FL for the weekend, and we're going to pop a
Christmas CD in the car and go Christmas shopping today.  We're going to go to
my favorite nurseries and see what's new in the plant world and hopefully get
some Christmas shopping done somewhere along the way.  Am also scoping out the
stores for ideas for making our upcoming SDGS Christmas potluck festive and

Just so I don't feel like I'm slacking off, I've put all the used flowerpots
in a neat stack by the wheelbarrow so that I can get right to the lovely task
of washing them out and then rinsing them in a bleach/water mixture so they
can be reused this upcoming spring.   Do you reuse your old pots or just
recycle them?

The wonderful angel-eating dog struck again when she slithered into the new
lath- house extension and destroyed this year's crop of angel cuttings.  But
she outdid herself yesterday when she somehow found her way onto the roof of
the house and couldn't figure out how to get down by herself.  Normal people
have their cats get stuck in trees.  I have to have a dog that gets stuck on
the roof!  It was like a bad comedy, the dog is running laps around the
perimeter of the roof; my husband is chasing her around the edge of the house,
holding out his arms, and tellling her to jump.  Having more sense than that,
the dog continued to run laps.  He then tried catch hold of her while he was
standing on the front step and drag her off the edge so he could lower her to
the ground.  Unfortunately the only part of her he could reach was her little
pointed snout,; so he grabbed hold and pulled.  She, of course, set all four
feet and refused to budge.  He gave up on that idea, and went off to get the
ladder so he could climb up on the roof and carry her down like a fireman.  It
was kind of cute, she wrapped all four legs around his chest and clung like a
limpet, tucking her face in his neck and whimpering all the way.  I have
photographic evidence, which we're going to scan and then download for your
viewing pleasure.

Am off on my shopping adventure,