[IGSROBIN] P. sidoides & "hedgehog geraniums"

Your address line came out ok on my screen.  You have a few more === than will
fit on my screen in one line, so they carried over to the next.  Nothing more
exciting than that.

It looks like the cutting of P. sidoides that I got from Gary Scheidt is
actually going to take.  The big leaves have started to die back, but there's
a lot of little tiny leaves in a tight rosette at the base, so it's looking
pretty hopeful.  It's been so chilly and cloudy here that I was worried about
it.  Most of what you can obtain in CA is actually the P. sidoides x P.
reniforme cross that is called 'Burgundy' so I was quite pleased to get a
start of the real thing.  When plants come into your hands from Gary Scheidt,
with Michael Vassar, doing the delivering of the plant material, you just
don't have to worry about them being misnamed.   I'm hopeful that it will
start growing vigorously and put out some blooms for me so I can see the
famous "black" flowers that smell like violets.

My sister is sending me a copy of an article that she ran across in a magazine
in the library where she works.  It speaks of the "hedgehog geranium" which
really had me interested.  She didn't have it in front of her, but I suspect
from her description that it was about P. echinatum or the 'Sweetheart'
geranium.  She said it had hearts on its petals and prickles, and that's the
only thing I can think of.  How about you?

Still chilly and cloudy, which is wreaking havoc with my getting to see the
meteor shower.  Have you seen it?

P.S.  Dog was on the roof again this morning.  I'm thinking about stapling the
little fake reindeer antlers to her head and pretending she's supposed to be
my Christmas decorations.  Think it will work?