Root aphids

Dear Pelly friends,

Now that winter is on its way it is getting time to get my pellies indoors for overwintering. To be on the safe side I tipped my collection of about 70 plants out of their pots to check for pests.
And yes, about 60 of them had root aphids.

When I see them in spring I usually wash off all the compost and pot the plants up in new soil. However, at this time of year I don't really feel like doing that. So I bought a packet of Bayer's Admire, because someone said you could also water plants with it. At the moment I am dipping all the infested plants I want to keep in this solution. I would be very sad to have to throw away many of the uniques that are on their way to becoming large bushy plants; uniques flower better when they get older (so they say, but at this rate they will have to do so in the dustbin...).

The good thing would be that I would have enough storage in the attic for the remaining plants and the cuttings I took in August. But still, I would like to keep more than fifteen or so...

So: is Admire the right thing to use or could/ should I use other poison to eliminate the buggers?

Hope to hear from you,

Jip (Alkmaar, The Netherlands)