  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Cuttings
  • From: Sandy Connerley <sandym@NORTHCOAST.COM>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:23:53 -0700

When you get a plant that sports a variegated branch and you think it
might be stable, I have heard that sometimes the branch is variegated
only on one side of the stem.  I have heard that you can take a short
cutting, slice it in half lengthwise, and root it to keep only the
variegation in it.  Does anyone know how successful it is to take such
cuttings. It would seem they would be ripe for diseases entering with
such a large cut area.