Re: Adobe Acrobat (rant: addendum)

  • Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat (rant: addendum)
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:24:22 -0600

As an example of what I was just talking about, recently I went to our
local library to send off an email since my modem had gotten fried by one
of our frequent late summer lightning storms.

Fortunately I have an alternate Yahoo account and thought it would be a
snap.  I sat down in front of a very new Gateway PC - totally different
Desktop, Menu, etc. from my Mac.  After poking around, pressing keys,
trying to remain rational and telling myself it's all logic, I finally got
a garbled message about "corruption" and "virus".  Whether true or it just
wanted to get rid of me I don't know.  So I went to sit in front of another
machine and after much deliberation and deep breathing managed (with help)
to wend my way to Yahoo and sent off my letter.  The entire episode took 45
minutes.  God knows how much longer it would have been if I'd had to
initially register with Yahoo and go through their rigmarole and Sucker
Spam checkoff list first!

There, I feel better.