Re: Pelargoniums on the radio

  • Subject: Re: Pelargoniums on the radio
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 18:46:57 -0600

I enjoyed hearing you and envy your ability to grow pelargoniums outdoors
year round.  Two bad it was so severely edited.  I have two species which
aren't usually included in the standard lists of scenteds:  P. mollicomum
which has a gentle odor of pineapple, and P. glutinosum, delightfully
reminiscent of a pine forest, especially when the sun has been shining on

I have to grow everything in pots because of our frigid northern winters,
and strategically placed indoors because of our intense summer sun.  I've
tried growing such monsters as P. cordifolium which I like very much, but
today I sacrificed it to the compost since it was
outgrowing the largest pot I own: a woody shrub already up to my shoulder.