cascades

  • Subject: cascades
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:27:45 -0600

Much to my surprise I've got a cascade from the cross of Black Velvet Rose
x a no-name (lost label) dwarf that almost certainly had no Cascade
ancestors.  Actually I have two cascades from the same batch: one is fairly
compact with smaller darker leaves and flowers almost identical to BV Rose.
The other one is more open and lax with larger leaves, candy-pink flowers,
and extremely floriferous.

Well there's no doubt  whence Black Velvet derived its black leaves.  I
wonder if anyone else has tried crosses with similar results?  I've made
numerous other crosses with both these new cascades and, like any expecting
mother, am awaiting results.

maria