R: [IGS] Tuberous Species

Hello Rein,

Many thanks for your reply. If you place the tubers of G. tuberosum so
deeply, and it works in The Netherlands, this means that mine are definitely
too much on the surface to stand our hot summers. They seem to come
naturally to the surface, as well as the rhizomes of G. libani, that I had
to mulch twice last summer.
Yes, G. libani is a nice plant. I have just posted a photo of its first
flowers to the Geraniaceae Group web site. Sorry, there is a mix of
different geraniums leaves in that picture, but my tiny garden is really
full of pots by now!
I  would have liked  to collect seeds of G. libani, but it didn't produce
any ripe beak last spring.

Best wishes,
The Geraniaceae Group page is at