Re: Unidentified plant

Hello all,

>From: Carol Jurd <bccj@SENET.COM.AU>

>I recently asked whether anyone had ever heard of a plant I bought
>labelled "P pelliniflorum".  I now have a very bad photo of the thing
>which may help in identifying it.  Since this picture was taken it has
>produced another 6-7 flowers.  Flowers are quite large, about as wide
>across as the largest of my single zonals, and are very attractive.
>Carol Jurd

The Listserv software for the IGS Robin Mailing list only operates for Plain
Text e-mail messages and should not accept attachments. Carols picture
certainly didn't arrive as anything but a lot of characters to me. There are
a number of members who do not have the elaborate facilities of html
messages and there may be more potential members out there as well. Most of
the time it is no disadvantage not having this facility and it does help
guard against virus transmission through the List. I did put forward the
possibility of changing to "ONElist" a while ago to offer greater diversity
and the option of their shared files for pictures etc. The response I had
was a definite "stay with what we have where we have it". So as a result I
set up a site on my web space for IGS Robin information  and to help in
instances such as this.

If anyone has a picture of any plant they would like identified sent a copy
to me at igsrobin@pellie.com and I will put it up on the website at
www.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/1000feet/igsrob/ and at our members to go and
have a look to see if they can help.

I've asked Carol to do this and await her picture.

David Barrett
IGS Robin List Manager