Re: Response to Cynthia - Re: Blue Sky Idea

  • Subject: Re: Response to Cynthia - Re: Blue Sky Idea
  • From: "Cynthia S. Lohry" Hedgehug@AOL.COM
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:29:40 EDT

When GATW was first published, it was in black and white.  Approximately 75
of the earlier black and white issues have sold out of their orginal
printing.  They are the ones that we paid a copy shop to create a master from
one of the original issues, and then to create duplicates from that master so
that the information contained in the issue continued to be available.  I
have not done this myself, but was told that IGS paid the initial $15 to have
the master created.  Each time we have it replicated so that someone can
purchase the issue, we pay about $5 but sell the replicated issue at the
regular cost of  $2.  Not good business, but the money we lose on that issue
will be offset by the money brought in on the other back issues purchased by
that person.

Someone just got the Summer 2002 issue and inquired about purchasing an
entire set of back issues, so I can tell you that the cost at this time is
approximately $550.

Cynthia Lohry