Catalogs

  • Subject: Catalogs
  • From: Sandy Connerley sandyc@SURFARI.NET
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:54:29 -0700

Dear Laurie,
    I have been given catalogs by a friend in England and have also
ordered one even though I cannot order from it.  Have also printed off
catalogs for their listings and my wish lists from England, Australia,
Canada and here.
    If you go to the sites for the societies in England and Australia,
you will get lots of information and some links. Buds and Blooms Nursery
link in Australis is:

budsandblooms.com.au

Here is a listing in Australia of some nurseries:

http://www.nurseriesonline.com.au/PAGES/Geraniums.html

You can also try the above substituting Pelargoniums for Geraniums or
just going back to the home page and looking around.

In England you can search for Swanland's, Vernon's, Fir Trees, Pearl
Sulman's, and many more.  One thing will lead you to another sometimes.

In the US, you have the scented Papa Geno's, and Killdeer Farms.  Know
there are more, but they are few and far between.

In Canada, you have Marilyn Holt with holtgeraniums.com, Jean Hausermann
with geranium-greenhouses.com, but just use that to get her address to
order a catalog because the catalog is way better than the site which is
new.  Alannah's Greenhouses is small, but ok.  Then, as you do some
research in your state, you may find people with the catalogs from the
east coast in the old days like Merry Gardens and the ones I wrote you
about.

Happy hunting.

Sandy