Re: Coincidence Or?

  • Subject: Re: Coincidence Or?
  • From: Cynthia Pardoe RegalArt@AOL.COM
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:17:19 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/02 3:11:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Laurie@LAEOM.COM

<<  I imagine Oglevee plants would be started from
 cuttings, whereas mine are started from seed- >>

Olgevee plants seed very heavily. I was referring to the particular
characteristics from seed to bud and then to bloom. If one starts a cutting
from Oglevee they can get a bloom in six weeks. If one starts seed from
Olgevee's new hybrids I can get a bloom in two months on three leaves. In the
world of regal there are so many unique genetic characteristics. Some regals
are very early bloomers, they'll bloom by March and April. Others will take
longer from bud to bloom. Then there are those that will bloom once and then
its over for the year. Others will bloom there hearts out for 9 months like
the Olgevee varieties which are hybridized for this characteristic. More
blooms for the market in the shortest amount of time is what they have
strived for.
The only draw back to these plants is that they tend to bloom themselves to
     It would be good idea for me to get a hold of David Lemon and have an
interview about Olgevee's plants. I'll work on my contacts with this idea. It
will be awhile my contact is relocating back to San Diego from Costa Mesa.
Could be a good article for the GATW.

Got to go to work. Hope this helps in understanding more about regals.
Cynthia Pardoe