Bottom heat

  • Subject: Bottom heat
  • From: Barry Roth <barry_roth@YAHOO.COM>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:02:41 -0700

True, I had forgotten where you are and what time of year it is.  I have used
bottom heat (either a cheap cable in a box of damp sand or a heating mat) to
help root cuttings and get seedlings of different kinds of plants off to a good
start in our long San Francisco cool summers.  You do have to watch that it
makes small containers, like peat pots, dry out faster.  Anybody else use it?

--- Sandy Connerley <sandy_connerley@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote:

> Barry,
> Do you think bottom heat is necessary in this warm weather?  May try it
> anyhow.  Oh for the days when refrigerator tops were warm.
> Sandy
> Barry Roth <barry_roth@YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> You might also try bottom heat to encourage the little guys.

Do you Yahoo!?