aliens

Hi - I too am new to the world of pelargoniums (and mailings lists!!).  I have been using Clonex (am I allowed to use a brand name in cyber space?) rooting hormone with quite a good success rate.  It is gel like and very easy to use - and comes from Australia.  I also use a 50-50 multi purpose and sharp sand medium - for cuttings and potting on.  Also with some success.  Have not tried perlite, but will have a go as it has been recommended.
Cheers
Gwen